Volta is the joint sector organisation serving companies and employees from Joint Subcommittee 149.01. That is the world of electrical engineering, with representation of both the employers' and the employees' organisations. Its goal? To offer an optimal service, including:
- Offering & supporting training.
- Technological service & consultancy.
- Cooperation with education & training centres for young people and adults.
- Follow up on correct and punctual payment of all additional allowances, premiums, supplementary sector pension, etc.
The broad service package of the umbrella organisation is aimed at different types of (website) users. Volta therefore wanted to offer each type of user personalised content in a structure that would be clear and transparent to that specific user. In addition, the content management of the website had to be simple and flexible, given the rapid evolutions in the sector. In addition to the website, there was a need for an e-learning platform on which Volta could easily add/create exercises.
Web development, web design, hosting and support
- Development of new Volta website in Drupal 8.
- Improve the UX by:
- Breaking down content according to the target audience (employees, employers, jobseekers).
- The building in of a custom language switch per target audience that must ensure that - even when a new language is chosen - the website visitor is shown the correct content for his specific target audience .
- Simplification of content management through the use of 'paragraphs'. These content blocks allow for flexible content handling and speed up content management considerably thanks to re-usable fields.
- Development of an E-Learning platform with a simple structure of training modules, by combining paragraphs.